Friday, May 16, 2008

Class Review

In the beginning of the year I had to take two more English classes to graduate. My counselor recommended for me to take Creative Writing and Senior Composition. When second semester started, I thought that I wouldn’t like Senior Composition. I thought that it was only about writing. I really hated writing essays, but now I love it. Writing really helped me to learn how to make my introduction and conclusion stronger. There were two things in this class that inspired me to read, independent reading, and writing blogs. The book we used to learn the grammar was great, but too big and expensive. During the lab time I did most of my work for this class, which helped a lot because I had ton of homework in other classes.

Taking this class I understood one thing for sure, I didn’t hate writing. The only reason why I didn’t like it was because I didn’t really know how to start and end the paper. Before taking Senior Composition, writing was my weak point, but now I think it is one of the strongest.

I really like to read, and I try to read as much as possible, but I don’t always have time for that. In this class I had an opportunity to do what I like, read. I had to read for the independent reading, and to write my blogs. I have never read so many books in one semester. This was really great, and I loved it.

The other book that worked well for me was Evergreen. English is my second language, and I don’t really know all the grammar, but now I know more than I did five months ago. I never knew that there were different orders a person could write in. I also learned other new things, like analogies.

The best thing about this class is that even though we had a lot of work and many papers to type, we had even more time in the computer lab. It was enough time not to only do work for this class, but also for other classes. It was just great.

Everything we did in Senior Composition was really great and helpful. Writing essays, reading books, spending time in the lab was fun. I really liked it. Our grammar book was really good. This class is totally designed for seniors.

2 comments:

Maciek said...

Really? U liked it? Nice blog.

Rebecca said...

nice blog. i didnt like the book but i love the class.